This section will contain all information you or your dancer will need to know for RECITAL 2019!
Our dancers and teachers are so excited to present our 2019 Spring Recital. Over the last few months, they have been working so hard in the studio on their dances, and they are almost ready to present them to you on the big stage!
MAY 13-15TH– HAIR & MAKEUP WEEK
MAY 18TH– MONDAY MAKE UP CLASSES (From April 8thmissed class)
9:00-9:45am TAP II/III– MISS RYAN (Mondays 5:15-6)
9:45-10:30am HIP HOP I– MISS RYAN (Mondays 6-6:45)
10:30-11:15am HIP HOP II– MISS RYAN (Mondays 6:45-7:30)
MAY 21ST– STUDIO 45 CLOSED- NO CLASSES
MAY 22ND– FINAL DAY OF 2019 SPRING SESSION
MAY 27-JUNE 9TH– STUDIO 45 CLOSED- NO CLASSES
MAY 30TH– DRESS REHEARSAL @ BERGLUND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
JUNE 1ST– SPRING RECITAL @ BERGLUND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Show begins at 1pm (ALL DANCERS ARRIVE BY 12NOON)
HAIR AND MAKEUP WEEK INFO/REQUIREMENTS::
Hair and makeup week will be MAY 13-15. We ask that each dancer bring a parent to these classes so that they can learn how to do the hair and makeup properly. During this class, the teachers will teach for about 35 minutes, and then invite all parents and dancers in to review how to do hair and makeup for each class. Below there is a list of all hair and makeup products that you will need to achieve your recital looks. All of these products can be found online, at Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, or Ulta. Please make sure to use the exact colors listed. We are going for a unified team look, so we would like all dancers to match.
Hairspray/hair gel (suggested brand: GOT2B GLUED Blasting Freeze Spray)
Hair brush (fine bristled to create smooth look)
Hair ties (to match hair color)
Bobby pins (to match hair color)
Hair pins (only if in a ballet class, to match hair color)
Hair nets (only if in a ballet class, to match hair color)
Foundation (to match skin tone)
CoverGirl Classic Color Blush- #510 ICED PLUM (approx. $7)
Eyeshadow primer (any brand)
SUGGESTED- NYX High Definition Eyeshadow Base (approx. $7)
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow #440 SHIMMERING ONYX (Approx. $5)
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow #620 SNOW BLOSSOM (Approx. $5)
Liquid eyeliner (any brand)
SUGGESTED: Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner (Approx. $8)
BLACK Mascara (any brand)
Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lip color with Topcoat- #574 Fuschia Forever (approx. $9)
TIGHTS AND UNDERGARMENTS::
All female dancers are asked to wear proper dance undergarments for their dances. If needed, we ask that dancers wear a NUDE clear back dance bra. Also, we ask if dancers have a costume that has a skirt, that they wear nude underwear. Below is a list of classes and tight requirements. Tights and clear back dance bras can be purchased online, at Dance & Feet (Old Cave Spring Rd.), or at Carolina Connection Dance & Bodywear (Lower Level of Towers Shopping Center). Please make sure to get the brand of tights listed below so that all dancers will match.
CAPEZIO LIGHT SUNTAN FOOTED TIGHTS:
Miss Katla’s Tuesday Combo
Miss Katla’s Tuesday Jazz/Lyrical
Miss Katla’s Wednesday Beginning Jazz
Miss Ryan’s Tuesday Jazz I/II
CAPEZIO BALLET PINK FOOTED TIGHTS:
Miss Katla’s Tuesday Beginning Ballet
Miss Katla’s Wednesday Ballet I/II
All dancers in the following classes MUST have a BLACK RACERBACK SPORTS BRA to wear under their costume: (pictured below)
Miss Ryan’s Monday Hip Hop II (6:45-7:30pm)
Miss Ryan’s Tuesday Clogging II/III
Miss Ryan’s Wednesday 12 & Up Hip Hop
DRESS REHEARSAL INFO::
Dress rehearsal will be held at THE BERGLUND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER on THURSDAY MAY 30TH. It is MANDATORY for all dancers to attend. This is the only time that the dancers will be able to dance on stage together before the big recital day. This stage is bigger than the studio that we practice in, so it is very important for every dancer to be there.
* THIS IS A FULL REHEARSAL, SO EACH DANCER MUST HAVE THEIR HAIR AND MAKEUP COMPLETED, AND HAVE THEIR FULL COSTUME ON.
* PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARRIVE TO YOUR DRESS REHEARSAL AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED REHEARSAL TIME.
* EACH DANCER MUST BE DRESSED AND READY FOR THEIR FIRST SCHEDULED REHEARSAL UPON ARRIVAL.
* WE WILL HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHER THERE FOR YOU TO PURCHASE RECITAL PICTURES IF YOU WOULD LIKE. THIS IS WHY WE ASK FOR EACH DANCER TO COME DRESSED AND READY (AND EARLY) SO THAT WE CAN TAKE INDIVIDUAL AND FULL GROUP PICTURES.
* PARENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO SIT IN THE AUDITORIUM AND WATCH THE DANCERS PERFORM. You will be allowed to photograph/video the dancers at this time if you would like. WE WILL NOT ALLOW FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEOGRAPHY ON RECITAL DAY.
* DRESSING ROOMS FOR ALL OF OUR CLASS TAKERS WILL BE MARKED WITH SIGNS.
*DRESS REHEARSAL SCHEDULE 2019*
DAY OF RECITAL INFORMATION::
Recital 2019 will be held at THE BERGLUND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER on SATURDAY JUNE 1STbeginning at 1PM. The running order for our Spring Recital will be posted in the studio by MONDAY MAY 13TH. Please make sure to come into the studio and check out the running order so that we do not miss any dancers or misspell any names.
* ALL DANCERS MUST ARRIVE AT THE BERGLUND CENTER NO LATER THAN 12NOON.
* DANCERS SHOULD STAY WITH THEIR PARENTS IN THE AUDIENCE UNTIL ANNOUNCED THAT THEY SHOULD COME BACKSTAGE. (Ryan will ask for the dancers that are in the first 5 dances to make their way backstage.)
* WE ASK THAT YOU KEEP YOUR DANCERS IN THE AUDIENCE WITH YOU UNTIL 3 DANCES BEOFRE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PERFORM.
* VIDEO TAPING AND FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!! (We will have a videographer there and you will be able to purchase video of recital.)
If you have ANY questions about anything outlined in this packet, please feel free to ask our secretary OR get in contact with Ryan or Terri.
Ryan- cell # 540-798-0751
Terri- cell # 540-520-4112